Thursday 29 January 2015

Cured Beef & Avocado Toast Lunch



There's definitely nothing better than a refreshing lunch after a busy morning. This week, I bought some air-dried wafer thin beef. I first tried this when I lived in Italy. Typically served with plenty of lemon juice, it was the simplicity of the dish that was inspirational! I thought I'd treat myself and use this delicate wafer beef on a piece of toast.
I toasted my seeded bread slice and added half an avocado, topped with beef and a slice of Camembert cheese it looked mouthwatering. Quick, healthy and as always, simple. I accompanied my toast with a fresh and nutritious Greek style salad. Not your typical Greek salad as I added black eyed beans to give it texture and extra nutrition. (Not to mention they are very filling)! To make my salad I used an iceberg lettuce, a tomato, few slices of cucumber, black eyed beans and feta cheese. A drizzle of E.V.O to finish with and plenty of cracked black pepper.



Lunch, done.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment