Tuesday 2 June 2015

Cardboard Tube Tunnel

This week has been pretty busy, especially since we have shipped most of Leon's beloved toys to a container for New Zealand! I needed to keep Leon entertained and a basic idea was using a cardboard tube we found at granddad's house.

There are always plenty of recyclable items in our house that I know with a little effort, can be turned into something fun. Cereal boxes, yoghurt pots and even toilet rolls are usually ended up in the rubbish bin waiting to be thrown out. With Leon always looking for something to do or play with, I decided to use the cardboard tube we kept from Granddad. Luckily I have also kept my masking tape (from art school), (great for sticking and removing off objects easily). I simply placed the cardboard tube on the side of my cabinet and secured with masking tape. Leon used his stickers to customise his cardboard tube before using pasta shells and plastic strips (from a different toy) to throw down the tube and catch into the box/pan. 

'Phew' , time to start dinner now! (Great frugal/quiet time game whilst you carry on your chores!) Leon loved this and it is still stuck to the cabinet waiting to be used again and again.



4 comments:

  1. Annabel (Tickle Fingers)3 June 2015 at 08:52

    Just brilliant. Toddler Heaven. #KidsCorner Over from www.cookwithtoddlers.com/community

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun. I haven't thought of doing something so simple, yet so entertaining with Evie yet. What a great idea! :-D
    Chloe
    x
    #kidscorner

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! I bet toddlers could waste hours playing with this! thanks for linking up to #kidscorner x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and have been meaning to do something similar for ages!! Thank you for sharing in #KidsCorner x

    ReplyDelete